- Download NS2.35 from this link. http://sourceforge.net/projects/nsnam/files/allinone/ns-allinone-2.35/ns-allinone-2.35.tar.gz/download
- Copy the file to /home/yourhome (in my case it is, /home/pradeep/)
- Untar it using “tar zxvf ns-allione-2.35.tar.gz” (without quotes)
- “cd ns-allione-2.35/” (without quotes)
- “./install” (see the dot in the beginning)
- During the installation there may be a error in linkstate/ls.h, the location of ls.h is “/home/pradeep/ns-allinone-2.35/ns-2.35/linkstate/ls.h”
- Open the file using gedit “gedit /home/pradeep/ns-allinone-2.35/ns-2.35/linkstate/ls.h”
- in line number 127, there will be a erase function, change it to this->erase and go to step 5.
- Once installation over, set the PATH and that’s it.
This post shows how to install ns 3.34 in Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Prerequisites: Fresh installation of Ubuntu Version 20.04 LTS ns3.34 can be downloaded from here Follow the video link for complete step by step instructions on the installation. This version fixes the compilation issues of vanet-routing-compare.cc (bug in ns3.33) Issue the following commands after opening a terminal $ sudo apt update $ sudo apt install g++ python3 python3-dev python-dev pkg-config sqlite3 python3-setuptools git qt5-default gir1.2-goocanvas-2.0 python3-gi python3-gi-cairo python3-pygraphviz gir1.2-gtk-3.0 ipython3 openmpi-bin openmpi-common openmpi-doc libopenmpi-dev autoconf cvs bzr unrar openmpi-bin openmpi-common openmpi-doc libopenmpi-dev tcpdump wireshark libxml2 libxml2-dev Unzip or untar the ns-allinone-3.34.tar.bz2 in the home folder (in my case its /home/pradeepkumar) $ cd ns-allinone-3.34/ $ ./build.py --enable-examples --enable-tests Once the installation is completed, you may get an output show