Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from May, 2014

Installing ns-3.37 and ns-3.35 in Ubuntu | Ubuntu 22.04 | NS3

Multiple Versions of ns3 in Ubuntu 22.04 In this post, we are going to install two versions of ns3 namely ns-3.35 and ns-3.37  My OS is : Ubuntu 22.04 LTS (Long Term Support) ns-3.35 uses waf and (./waf --run scratch/first)  ns-3.37 uses cmake  (./ns3 run scratch/first.cc) So we will install both the packages  Go through the video for complete instructions To start with  $ sudo apt update  $ sudo apt install build-essential autoconf automake libxmu-dev g++ python3 python3-dev pkg-config sqlite3 cmake python3-setuptools git qtbase5-dev qtchooser qt5-qmake qtbase5-dev-tools gir1.2-goocanvas-2.0 python3-gi python3-gi-cairo python3-pygraphviz gir1.2-gtk-3.0 ipython3 openmpi-bin openmpi-common openmpi-doc libopenmpi-dev autoconf cvs bzr unrar gsl-bin libgsl-dev libgslcblas0 wireshark tcpdump sqlite sqlite3 libsqlite3-dev  libxml2 libxml2-dev libc6-dev libc6-dev-i386 libclang-dev llvm-dev automake python3-pip libxml2 libxml2-dev libboost-all-dev  I have downloaded both the versions of ns3 fr

GreenCloud Simulator using NS2

Introduction to GreenCloud Simulator GreenCloud is a packet level simulator that uses the existing Network Simulator 2 (NS2) libraries for energy-aware data centers for cloud computing. It models the various entities of cloud such as servers, switches, links for communication and their energy consumption. It can be helpful in developing solutions for resource monitoring and allocation, scheduling workloads for number of users, optimizing the protocols used for communication and also provide solutions for network switches. The data center upgradation or extension may be decided using this tool. NS2 uses two languages C++ and Otcl (Tool Command Language). The commands from TCL are usually passed to C++ using an interface TclCL. GreenCloud uses 80% of the coding is done using C++ (TclCL Classes) and remaining 20% coding is implemented using Tcl scripts (Commands are sent from Tcl to C++). GreenCloud is developed by University of Luxembourg and released under the General Public Licen