- Use of language in which the software team has expertise and experience
- Use an Operating System or RTOS that is more appropriate. (Small scale does not need RTOS, so code size will be reduced much)
- Simpliciyt to be maintained. Each function should perform a single task and have simple design
- Comments must be added before control statements
- Program implementation should be as per design specification.
- Make function implementation general, not tied to specific input conditions or events. This makes reuse earlier.
- Redesigning might be needed to solve software implementation difficulties
This post shows how to install ns 3.34 in Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Prerequisites: Fresh installation of Ubuntu Version 20.04 LTS ns3.34 can be downloaded from here Follow the video link for complete step by step instructions on the installation. This version fixes the compilation issues of vanet-routing-compare.cc (bug in ns3.33) Issue the following commands after opening a terminal $ sudo apt update $ sudo apt install g++ python3 python3-dev python-dev pkg-config sqlite3 python3-setuptools git qt5-default gir1.2-goocanvas-2.0 python3-gi python3-gi-cairo python3-pygraphviz gir1.2-gtk-3.0 ipython3 openmpi-bin openmpi-common openmpi-doc libopenmpi-dev autoconf cvs bzr unrar openmpi-bin openmpi-common openmpi-doc libopenmpi-dev tcpdump wireshark libxml2 libxml2-dev Unzip or untar the ns-allinone-3.34.tar.bz2 in the home folder (in my case its /home/pradeepkumar) $ cd ns-allinone-3.34/ $ ./build.py --enable-examples --enable-tests Once the installation is completed, you may get an output show