This post will help you in installing Network Simulator 2 version NS2.35 in Fedora 16
- Install Fedora using a DVD ISO (if you go for a CD iso, then you need to download lot of packages)
- Download NS-2.35 from this website.
- Unzip or untar it to any folder (recommended is /home/loginname) using the following commands one by one
tar zxvf ns-allinone-2.35.tar.gz
- Once installed the PATH information will be shown in the screen.
- Copy the PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH Variable to .bash_profile (see a dot in the beginning)
Input the path information in .bash_profile like this
There will be a PATH Variable already available in the .bash_profile file, just copy the PATH information from the NS2 installation and append it over the existing PATH variable (but put a separator : between each path)
export PATH=$HOME/bin:<Put a colon and Place your paths here>
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=<place the LD_LIBRARY_PATHS> here.
Once done, save the file and close
execute the command
try ns (if you see a % indicates ns is installed successfully) or nam (a animation window will be opened).